Friday, August 11, 2006

You Think?



Hello, didn't post yesterday from the sheer enormity of email in my work inbox from being gone for one day. But the funeral for my Great Aunt ended up being ok. It was so hot outside and the preacher wouldn't stop preaching for like 45 minutes. I'm like heloo, It's 100 degrees outside and it's 10:00 in the morning. Also, I hate when members of the faith don't know the person who's passed on, and they talk about nothing related to the person. They just preach at you. Grrr. Give me someone who can say something about who the person was and how they lived and then be done with it. Especially when it's 100 degrees outside. :)

Last night, my best friend and I, watched Domino. It was something that looked fairly cool and had guns and a cute guy (Edgar Ramirez) so we thought it might be good. It was the most horrible movie I think I've ever seen. Ranks right up there with Magnolia as my 2 least favorite movies. Supposedly, it was 128 minutes, but it felt like I was sitting on the couch for 3 hours. About 45 minutes into the movie, I turned to my friend and asked (just to make sure I wasn't the only one) if she was liking the movie. And she agreed that it was horrible too. We talked to ourselves for the last hour. I would have turned it off if not for her. The best part of the whole movie is when Edgar Ramirez (Choco) is getting ready to fight he pulls the elastic out of his hair and shakes his head. He had beautiful long wavy hair. That's it. 5 seconds of hair and there's the highlight of the movie (for me at least.)

Also, Wednesday night, I watched the lost Dave Chappelle Episodes. I think Dave shot stuff and never got the chance to finish it and the powers that be at Comedy Central took it and expanded it over 3 episodes to make money. Because that was nowhere near Dave's level of comedy. Or maybe he really was on crack. :) Just kidding. But I will wait the baited breath for something that Dave authorizes and until then I'll watch the old episodes, the Block Party movie, and his interview with James Lipton on Behind the Actors Studio, which was brilliant.

No comments: