Monday, August 07, 2006

Food for Thought

I had a headache and was a little hungry, so I went to the vending machine. I should have known that this would only make my headache worst. This is a rant, just warning you. Fritos for $0.70 and a Sprite for $0.50. Corn chips, and high fructose corn syrup with flavorings??? So, basically all I'm ingesting is corn. Which basically is a food you feed to animals to increase their weight. Not only am paying $1.20 to make myself fatter, but I'm also becoming more chemically dependent on all of the shit they inject into our foods.

And not only does my company allow this vendor of evil into the workplace, that's the only option they have. So, unless you bring something (which I never have the mental forethought to do), you either don't eat or eat unhealthy. It is beyond amazing to me how the food industry can pimp their poisons and pay the government to help them and advertise that it's good for us and we are stupid enough to believe them.

I've been reading some really good but scary books lately, Skinny Bitch and The Omnivore's Dilemma, both of which are really amazing books about the food we eat and how it's killing us. And I would really like to become less dependent on processed foods. My best friend and I went for a month without red meat and now I find I'm much less attached to it. My next big hurdle is trying to go without white or processed sugar for a month to wean myself off it. And recently with all the shit that's been going on, moving and family issues, I have resorted to going back to caffeinated drinks and that's probably one reason why I have a headache right now. Argh!

Ok, I'm going to stop ranting only because it's making my head hurt worse.

No comments: