Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Deep Thoughts

Hello All or None,

I'm super tired so this blog will be short, but I feel the need to comment on what I see around me lately. I can't believe it's been 5 years (yesterday) since I woke up and turned on the TV to see the world falling apart. I was watching some video footage yesterday from someone filming on the street before anything happened and showed both planes crashing into the towers. It looked like something out of a Jerry Bruckheimer movie. It still doesn't feel real. I was here in Oklahoma City when the bombing happened but I actually felt that move the earth under me so it's a little more real to me. But I can't imagine watching that from the street and seeing people jump out of the buildings.

It should have never happened and as adamant as I am against the war, something inside me is conflicted because the people who were behind this should be dealt with. But the war we're fighting isn't doing that. In trying to defend our country, when we should have gone after the specific group who did this, we went and did something else completely. We put ourselves smack in the middle of one of the biggest messes possible.
And by we, I mean our government.

Speaking of our government, I didn't watch the state of the union speech last night because I make a point not to watch something I know is going to irritate the piss out of me. But I did read the transcript, as you can here, http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/11/bush.transcript/index.html. Basically, to me, it was a "let's scare the American public with lies so we can continue with our war."

This whole notion that if we don't continue with the war, the terrorists will come and kill us in our beds is ridiculous beyond belief. It's just a way for the Bush administration to make money off their oil concerns while Americans don't have enough money to eat, go to the doctor, or afford a decent place to live and pay their bills. They are killing our country in addition to killing our servicemen and women because of this stupid war.

The thing I love the most is not once did he speak about anything else but the war, not one other thing affecting the country. Not Katrina, not the new hurricane that hit Florida, not gas prices, just the war. I hope our next president can make a dent in fixing all the things that this administration has fucked up.

So, I guess my post wasn't very short, huh? :)

No comments: